Canonical & Ubuntu at KubeCon Europe 2021
by anastasiavalti on 20 April 2021
It’s that time of the year again! KubeCon and CloudNativeCon Europe 2021 are just around the corner and, as always, Canonical and Ubuntu have a lot cooking in the Kubernetes oven especially for the event. This year, we’ll be showcasing solutions and best practices around Charmed Operators, as well as streamlined Kubernetes at the edge with micro clouds.
We’ll be at KubeCon on May 4-7th, as well as hosting a co-located event of our own on May 3 so make sure to book a meeting and come by to chat about your K8s use case anytime during the week.
Book a meeting with an Ubuntu engineer
In the meantime, here’s a preview of what you can expect:
Operator Training Day, hosted by Canonical
Operators simplify everyday application management on Kubernetes. Learn how to use them, how to create them in Python, and how to evolve from configuration management to application management. We’re working to create a community-driven collection of operators for everything that’s integrated and tested across the clouds.
The sessions will repeat in 3 time zone friendly blocks, for Asia, EMEA and Americas. Each block starts with a keynote introduction with Mark Shuttleworth, then leads attendees through a hands-on training. Along the way we’ll dive into Kubernetess, operators, Kubeflow, K8s at the Edge, and a variety of other topics. The session wraps up with a community discussion on model-driven operations and the role of engineers, DevOps, and SREs in cloud applications of the future.
Check out the full Operator Day Agenda and timetable.
Ubuntu’s demos on all things Kubernetes
At our virtual booth, you’ll find enough Kubernetes demos to bing on for the entire week of KubeCon. No matter what your use case is, we’ve got you covered!
- Install model-driven Kubernetes in 3 easy steps
- 3 strategies to upgrade your Kubernetes
- Load balancing and storage using Charmed Kubernetes on Openstack
- Hybrid cloud Kubernetes: connecting the dots with Azure Arc-enabled K8s
- Universal Operators: transform your application operations
- How to install Kubeflow on Kubernetes in 10 minutes
- Multi-cloud AI/ML and DevSecOps on Kubernetes
- Multi-cloud Kubeflow portability with Charmed Operators
- LMA stack: logging, monitoring and alerting
- What is MicroK8s?
- Getting started with MicroK8s: a technical demo
- High Availability Kubernetes edge clusters with MicroK8s
- Living on the edge: setting-up MicroK8s on a micro cloud
- Multus on MicroK8s
- MicroK8s Gitlab CI/CD
- MicroK8s Homelab with PiHole
- Multi-instance GPU (MIG) with MicroK8s on NVIDIA A100 GPU
- MicroK8s and Charmed Ceph at the edge
- Model-driven audit trail infrasructure for telcos
- Secure container orchestration at the edge
- Kubernetes on Windows with WSL 2 and Microk8s
Don’t see what you’re looking for in the list above? Worry not! Our engineers will be standby at our booth every day from 9am to 4pm CEST, ready to hop on a live video call with them and discuss your questions or interests. Feel free to pop by the booth anytime, or pre-book your meeting today to add to your calendar.
Book a meeting with an Ubuntu engineer
Kubernetes roundtables with Ubuntu experts
We miss seeing your faces while speaking with you! That’s why this year we’ll be hosting two roundtable discussions at KubeCon, where our technical experts will hop on a group video call with you to talk Kubernetes.
Kubernetes Roundtable 1:
- What: Managing secure, hassle-free Kubernetes from Cloud to Edge
- Who: Alex Chalkias, Kubernetes Product Manager at Canonical & Adolfo Delorenzo, Technical Marketing Evangelist at Portainer.io
- When: Tuesday, May 4th, 11am CEST
Kubernetes Roundtable 2:
- What: Edge Kubernetes made lighter than ever with MicroK8s
- Who: Nicholas Dimotakis, VP Field Engineering EMEA; Alex Chalkias, Kubernetes Product Manager; Valentin Viennot, Edge Product Manager; Jon Seager, Product Architect, Canonical.
- When: Wednesday, May 4th, 10am CEST
NB: Seats are limited so make sure you RSVP on our booth as soon as possible!
Win a 20.10 Ubuntu release T-shirt at KubeCon Europe 2021
We have some groovy merch to give away at KubeCon this year. We’ll be running a raffle at our booth for a lucky 100 Kubefriends who’ll get a Groovy Gorilla 20.10 Ubuntu release T-shirt. Just look at the confidence on that gorilla…
Get tickets to the event for access to exhibitor booths
We hope to see you soon!