About Hadoop Spark
This provides a highly-available (HA) service on top of a cluster of machines, which is resistant to individual machine failure. It provides a flexible solution consisting of HDFS, MapReduce, and Spark that can process a wide variety of workloads.
Hadoop is designed to scale to thousands of servers, each offering local computation and storage capacity, and is able to detect and handle failures at the application layer.
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to…
- Get your Hadoop Spark cluster up and running, using JAAS
- Operate your new cluster.
- Create your first big data workload.
- Change the execution mode of Spark in your cluster.
You will need…
- An Ubuntu One account (you can set it up in the deployment process)
- A public SSH key.
- Credentials for AWS, GCE or Azure